VIA: http://rhizome.org/editorial/2011/aug/4/artist-profile-jacob-ciocci/

"Extreme Animals pulls from many sources and types of music (hip hop, tween electro, techno.) This seems to echo your interest in Dr. Luke who had special success recently combining influences from popular electro music (Justice et al.) production, the tempo and structure of popular dance music and classic pop / r&b tropes and has also jokingly described himself as having the "taste is that of a 13-year-old girl." Are you drawn as much to his production as you are to his position in the market and target audience? Are there other mainstream producers you follow or that seem so uniquely tuned to your work?
"....It is absolutely everything about and related to Dr. Luke I find fascinating--his life history, his production style, his collaborators,  and who he is making music for (tweens AND oldz--me). I feel like I can really relate to a lot of the editing/composition and sound engineering decisions he and his crew (no telling how many people are involved) make--I'm not sure if this is because we are of the same age and grew up with similar influences or because the music has just totally penetrated my consciousness to the point that I "think" we have similar sonic interests . . . it doesn't matter."

No comments:

Post a Comment